Your personal safety is uppermost in the minds of everybody working behind the scenes to make Carnival a carefree, happy party. There are some straightforward precautions to take which will help keep you safe.
- Bring a bottle of water and keep hydrated throughout the day. It is August and the sun can be hot.
- Sunglasses and sunscreen are a Caribbean necessity. A crazy hat to keep the sun off your head?
- Keep your phone handy and use the Carnival mApp or our own map to check on where you are and where you want to be.
- Have a pre-prepared plan for what to do if you get separated from your friends or family.
- Don’t panic if you get swept away with the crowd – it’s all part of Carnival, relax and go with the flow.
- Do eat. There’s plenty of choice and something for everyone.
- Please do listen to the Carnival stewards – they are here to help you enjoy yourself.
- If you start to feel unwell, don’t wait – go straight to a first aid post.
Help the police, let’s keep everybody safe at Carnival.
Yes, you will see London’s finest on the streets at Carnival. The Metropolitan Police are there primarily to keep you safe and they work incredibly hard behind the scenes so everybody else can relax . They do want you to have fun and enjoy an amazing weekend in the capital. This year, with heightened security concerns, they have a challenging job to do protecting everybody. At Carnival they deserve respect, so please do help them and let’s all keep everybody safe:
- If you are worried about something you’ve seen – trust your instincts, don’t hesitate, tell a police officer straight away.
- Please don’t bring bags to Carnival and understand why, if you do, you’re likely to be asked to open them for inspection by the police.
- Leave valuables at home and keep phones, wallets and purses out of sight of pickpockets.