Sunday Parade / A Family Day – Sunday 27th August 2017
A jubilant Children Parade as they showcase their flamboyant costumes dancing along the carnival route to the hypnotic rhythms provided by the mobile sound systems or steel bands.
A fabulous display of vocals, on the “World Music Stage” at Powis Square. Features calypso and soca performances by the Association of British Calypsonians, visiting international calypsonians, emerging artists of other genres and various other performances.
Family workshops at Emslie Horniman’s Pleasance, a variety of tasty Caribbean foods, drinks and lots more.
9am to 7pm
Here’s a quick checklist if you’re going with children:
- Go on ‘Family Day’. It’s still busy but it’s much more children friendly than the main parade on Monday.
- Arrive early. You’ll beat the crowds and can get a good, comfortable spot.
- Bring ear defenders for the little ones.
- Plan your travel route beforehand and check which tube stations are closed and plan your journey there and back.
- Bring travel potties for very young children, as portable toilets at Carnival will have long queues.
- Bring some easily transportable food and water for them in case you can’t buy anything suitable.
- Top tip: Write your mobile number on your child’s arm, so they can contact you if you get separated.
Plan your journey before you leave for Notting Hill Carnival here