17th August 2017
Plan ahead for your visit to Notting Hill Carnival 2017
Notting Hill Carnival is Europe’s biggest street event celebrating Caribbean colours, music and flavours. The footprint of Carnival does get busy so plan for a better, safer and happy Carnival.
Here are our top Carnival tips:
- Plan your journey ahead of Carnival, both there and back – it gets busy
- Know your way around the route, use a map
- Get there early
- Keep your essential valuables safely in a zipped bag
- Arrange to meet your friends and family beforehand and agree a location to meet up
- Carry a bottle of water
- Get some money out beforehand and keep it somewhere safe. Cash machines may be busy on parade days
- Travel light, there will be vendors all over Carnival selling drinks and Caribbean food
- Police will be patrolling the area over two days, if you are suspicious or in doubt of anything – let them know.
- Bring a smile to Carnival and enjoy your visit for a safer, better Carnival
For media enquiries:
Donna Lambert, Communications Director